Probate is an important step that happens when a person dies and they have a Will.
It’s the process of applying to the Supreme Court of South Australia to confirm the deceased’s Will is in fact valid.
Once a Will is found to be valid, then a Grant of Probate is issued—this is a document confirming that the executor of the Will has legal authority to administer the Will and deal with the deceased’s estate.
If you’ve been appointed as an executor under a Will, we can help you
Apply for a Grant of Probate, which can include:
- Reviewing and interpreting the Will
- Dealing with the funeral
- Determining the assets and liabilities of the estate
- Reviewing the death certificate
- Preparing the application form and all required documents
After the Grant of Probate with:
- Releasing of funds
- Dealing with taxation obligations
- Selling property
- Distributing the estate
- Advising on possible claims against the estate